You can come into the trial if you meet the criteria below:
- You smoke tobacco cigarettes (non-daily smokers are also eligible)
- You live in New Zealand
- You are keen to quit smoking in the next two weeks
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have access to telephone (mobile and/or landline)
- Most importantly - You are prepared to use a nicotine patch alone OR a nicotine patch and e-cigarette together. You can’t choose which product you get – a computer will randomly choose (like the toss of a coin) the product for you - so if you only want the patch or the e-cigarette then this trial may not be for you.
Please note that only one person per household is eligible.
If you think you’d like to take part click here to read our participant information sheet. This sheet will tell you more about the trial, who can and can’t be involved, and what it involves.
If you’ve read the participant information sheet and are keen to join the trial please Contact Us.