You can come into the trial if you meet the criteria below:
- You smoke tobacco cigarettes (non-daily smokers are also eligible)
- You live in New Zealand
- You are keen to quit smoking in the next two weeks
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have access to telephone (mobile and/or landline)
- Most importantly - You are prepared to use a nicotine patch alone OR a nicotine patch and e-cigarette together. You can’t choose which product you get – a computer will randomly choose (like the toss of a coin) the product for you - so if you only want the patch or the e-cigarette then this trial may not be for you.
Recruitment ended for this trial on 30 November 2017